APT Our Mission
The goal of the Cochise Association of Parents and Teachers (APT) is to enhance and support the educational experience at Cochise, to develop a closer connection between school and home by encouraging parental involvement, and to improve the environment at Cochise through volunteer and financial support.
Where can I get information about volunteering?
Any member of the Executive Board will be happy to explore what areas you are interested in and where we have a need for volunteers. Contact a Board member above, or let us know what you are interested in via email at email@example.com
The APT Cochise Elementary School Bobcat Scholarship
The APT of Cochise Elementary School has created an annual fund of $1000 for awards to deserving senior students graduating from Chaparral High School. Scholarships will be awarded to seniors who will continue their education in Arizona at an Arizona college, university or community college. Deadlines and more details regarding this scholarship will be published in Spring, 2017 and via the Chaparral High School College & Career Center.
If you’d like to contact any of our Board members regarding their activities, please feel free to contact them directly by clicking on their name below:
Cochise APT Roster 2017-2018
President – Cheri Goldberg
President Elect – TBD 2nd semester
Treasurer – Toby Baum, Tammy Saulnier
Recording Secretary- Erika Brown
Parliamentarian – Tammy Ryan or Debbie Bollinger
VP Hospitality – Suzanne Barton, Melanie Gallagher
- Back to School Coffee
- Kindergarten Back to School Night
- Teacher’s Lounge Decorations
- Teacher/Staff Birthdays
- Thank You Correspondence
- Teacher Appreciation Events
- Back to School
- Holiday Lunch
- Spring Lunch/Teacher Appreciation Week
VP Student Activities – Amanda Campo
- Creative Arts Festival – Natalie Dalton
- Bookfair (Fall and Spring) Coordinator – OPEN
- Yearbook – Craig Smith
- Young Author’s Day – Erika Brown
- Field Days
- Bobcat Trekkers Coordinator – Jenny House
- Health Screening Day – Suzanne Caine
- Student Council Liaison – Maxine Becker
- Bobcat Ambassador Coordinator – Maxine Becker
VP Communications – Sonya Dulany, Greg Yvkoff
- Membership & Membership Directory Chairperson
- Social Media Editor
- APT Website Editor
- Bobcat Blast Editor
- Google Drive Documents
- APT emails manager of forwarding to VP’s
VP Community/School Events- Kym Derus
- Carnival – OPEN
- Decades Dance – D.O.G.S
- Scottsdale Parent Council Rep- OPEN
- Community Outreach- – Amy Breslo
- Clothes Drive
- Angel Tree
- Veteran’s Day Program – Maria Flansbaum/Jenny Nielsen
- Scholarship Liaison –Kelly Iannacone
- Grants – Maxine Becker
- BTS School Supplies – Laura Mayrath
- Library Volunteer – Tracy Nishida
- D.O.G.S Coordinator – Jason Scott
- Room Parent Coordinator – Noel Dean, Natalie Dalton
- Special Ed Room Parent Coordinator – OPEN
VP Fundraising – Dana McDonald, Summer Carmichael, Tracy Lampton
- Dining for Dollars
- Fun Run
- Logo items/Spirit Wear
- Box Tops – Rissel Gonzalez
- Passive Fundraisers
- Fry’s, Amazon
- Harkin’s Movie Tickets – Natalie Dalton
- Food Truck Coordinator
VP Parent Events – Aimee Coxhead, Katie Smith
- Bobcat Event
- Silent Auction
- Parent Socials
- Party Book Coordinators – Laura and Bremen Bennett
Why join the APT?
Joining the APT is a simple way to support education and has traditionally raised about 40% of the APT’s annual budget, right behind our annual Bobcat Bash. By becoming an APT member, you not only contribute much needed funds to our students, but you become an important part of our school community. Last year, approx 85% of our 400+ Cochise families were members, but this year, our goal is to have EVERYONE join us!
Your tax deductible donation helps support many great programs and activities that enhance our children’s educational experience, including:
- K-5 Aides
- Classroom Technology
- Classroom Literacy
- Science Lab
- Computer Lab
- Teacher and staff continuing education
- A variety of on-campus events to enrich our students, such as Art Masterpiece, Grand Canyon Trekkers, Veteran’s Day celebration, Fall Carnival, Spring Decades Dance, Young Authors’ Day, Creative Arts Festival, and SO much more!
We have a variety of membership levels, but are pleased to accept your contribution in any amount. Feel free to invite friends and extended family to donate as well – Help Us Help Cochise!
How do I join the APT?
MEMBERSHIP is now open! Returning families should have received a link from us asking you to update your information (including Teacher for the year) and to join the APT. If you are a NEW family, or you were not a member the previous school year, please click HERE
Our directory print deadline is September 8th. Should you join after 9/8/16, your information will not be included in the directory – however – we still need your support!
If you need assistance or have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting the Cochise APT!
THE ROLE OF THE COCHISE APT
The Cochise APT is a non-profit association created with the purpose of helping parents and teachers meet the school’s goals in educating children. The APT is organized for the charitable, scientific. Literary or educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501©(3) of the Internal Revenue code.