In light of the recent incident at San Bernadino, the district’s Chief Security Officer has reissued safety reminders for all school campuses.
These procedures specifically relate to the school’s gate to gate procedures which ensure that no parents/visitors are on campus unless they check in at the front office.
- Parents are not allowed to enter campus for the sole purpose of walking their students to their classroom before school. There can be some rare exceptions to this, such as a parent with a special needs student. Those parents need to check in at the front office.
- Parents are not allowed to enter campus and wait near the classroom at the end of the day. When the day is over, students are brought to the parents instead.
- We encourage parents to be on campus, but only when they have a reason to be there such as volunteering their time, attending prescheduled parent-teacher meetings, etc. We want to limit the amount of classroom disruptions that occur at the start, during, and end of the school day.
- Visitors that are not on a student’s emergency card (parent or emergency contact) are not allowed to come onto campus unless they have an appointment (prospective new parent on a tour, etc). The exception to this would be special events, such as concerts, etc.
- This procedure applies to all visitors, including parents and guardians (*** and employee family members ***)
- Visitors will present their ID to the front office staff as they sign in.
- When the visitor is leaving campus, they will return our visitor badge and retrieve their ID and/or car keys while signing out.
- Exceptions can be made for large events, such as band concerts or award ceremonies. During those events, set up a table at a gate with a sign-in sheet available.
You may have received the Pay It Forward Campaign Letter from the APT in your child’s backpack on Friday. The APT needs your financial assistance to raise $135,000 each year to pay for kindergarten and grade level aides, classroom supplies, classroom projects, school activities, art supplies, and much more.
Thank you for your generous support!
Events, Half Days, Pictures….Like us n Facebook! Thanks.
PARTY BOOK PARTIES. $35 per Ticket (Bash item from 2015-2016)
Buy your ticket using your Paypal account. > firstname.lastname@example.org
Parties not listed are BOOKED already, sorry.
Come get your glitz on for Putting On The Ritz!
Join us for elegance and refinement with signature craft cocktails, live piano entertainment, hors d’oeuvres & much more…it’s sure to be “the place to be”. *Password required for admittance, details will be sent closer to event.
Date: Saturday, April 8th
Time: 7pm- 11pm Host: John Groves
Cochise Camp Invention Scheduled for June 5-9 from 9 am to 3:30 pm
This year camp is for kids entering K-6th grade. The program has been expanded it to include incoming kinders.
Children are presented with fun, hands-on challenges that encourage creative problem solving, teamwork, entrepreneurship, and innovation. Camp invention is led by experienced Cochise teachers and new curriculum is introduced each year, inspired by the Inductees of the National Inventors Hall of Fame!
HIGH SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Cochise is also seeking high school students entering grades 10th, 11th or 12th who are interested in being leadership interns. These would be teens who like to mentor, work hands-on and need 40 hours of volunteer credit. Interested high schoolers are asked to contact Melissa Wilson by email at email@example.com
Help our Cochise Garden Grow!
Farmyard, a local organic farm, offers school gardens a way to raise money through their CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) Garden Give Back Program for Schools. Parents simply sign up for a 10 Week Produce Basket Subscription and Farmyard will donate a portion of the proceeds to the Cochise garden. All of their produce is grown using organic practices at their urban micro-farms located in Phoenix and Scottsdale.
A half share comes to $275 for the 10 weeks. They also offer full and family sizes. *We do need a minimum of 5 families to sign up.
A sample half share (from last week):
5oz bag salad mix or arugula
1 bunch carrots
1 bunch Kale
5oz bag Spinach
1 head Garlic
1 head Broccoli
(*Fruit will be included in a share about 75% of the time).
Delivery will begin Tuesday, February 7th and end April 25th (no delivery Feb 28th and March 7th). The baskets will be delivered to school (near the front office) Tuesdays around 2 pm. Any baskets not picked up by 3:45, will be donated to school staff.
Sign-up forms should be coming home with your child today or early next week.
Please turn in forms by Tuesday, January 31st.
If you’d like to know more about the farm, you can check out Farmyard’s website or contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org. For other questions, please contact Shannon Ryan at email@example.com
Sign Up Now!!! Cochise asked Community Schools to add twice a week after school Spanish class so we could meet the needs of families who are interested in having their students learn Spanish. To date, one class has 8 registrants and the other class has 2. Both classes will need a minimum of 10 students ensure there is sufficient attendance. Please make sure you take advantage of this opportunity if you have expressed an interest in having a Spanish offered at Cochise
Classes starting in January, the SPRING after school enrichment session begins!
Cochise has the following classes to choose from:
Spanish Chess Minecraft
Legos Karate Tennis
Fitness Art/Drawing Yoga
(Cochise has made a special request to have two Spanish classes available to our students. Each Spanish class will be offered twice a week and the classes are split into two different age groups so younger students will be in the same classes and the older students will have their own class.)
To view the offerings and register go to: https://www.schoolcareworks.com/registration/susd/start_registration.jsp